This is a bright guy sitting across from me in my office. Early 20s. Funny. Charismatic. Clothed and framed out of Elvis Costello’s 1978 closet, and so suffused with post-ironic, post-modern, geek-cool that every word he speaks is loaded with world-weary wisdom and nerd-fighter hopefulness at the same time.
He’s here for advice. We’ve never met before. Lately, I’ve been asked to do this more and more. I usually say no — if I didn’t, I’d be doing it all day. But when I say yes, it’s because the young artist is serious, has a creative practice already, is doing good work, and isn’t really just asking me to make introductions in the business for him/her.
This fellow is accomplished. A peer. He’s been working as a writer and director since he quit college to take a job at a cutting edge web-video comedy site and is now, before his…
View original post 947 more words
I’ve never done a meme before. I’m not really sure I know what it means and in fact, I rarely post text blog posts lol! But Strawberry Singh conducts these meme things regularly so I thought I’d give this one a go.
- Do you ever think about dying? How do you expect you’ll die? – Well yeah I hate to admit it but nearly everyday I think about it, sometimes with dread other times with acceptance. No idea how I’ll die of course but likely in bed with my lover when his wife bursts in catches us and goes berserk :p
- Do you believe in an afterlife? If so, how do you visualize it? Not so much an after “life” but somehow my conscious essence will persist and maybe there will be parties!
- What is your preferred form of apocalypse and why? – Something quick and total I suppose.
- How many times have you cheated death so far? – Way too many times to count. Nearly came off a Harley at 110 mph once.
- Which fictional villain would you be okay being killed by? – Who’s that dude that bites necks? Yeah him.
- If you’re murdered, do you stay and haunt the culprits forever or do you give up that opportunity to leave and go to heaven/hell/Cancun? – Depends. If it’s the aforementioned wife, nah I deserved it. If it’s a psycho serial killer then probably haunt and torment 😀
- Will you have done everything you have wanted by the time you die? – Nope.